Friday 1 May 2009

Hair Breakage Blues

Woe says me.
My hair which i had previously thought was in tip top condition has begun to break.
Oh dear.
I tried a molasses treatment, nothing happened, a protein conditioner, nothing happened. I was even going to reach for my stinky aphogee.
My hair is overmoisturised and i want answers!!!Dammit!
So whilst perusing the web for answers, i hit upon Keratin for breakage. The best of the bunch when it comes to protein for your hair.
So i was left with some choices, i didn't want to do the 2-step aphogee, because it is so strong, plus i just can't be bothered.
The 2 minute aphogee has changed its formulation, so i was a little leery. Then there was Organic Root stimulator Mayonnaise.

So i shuffled my way down to the shops and found the ORS mayonnaise but it £2.49 for a teeny amount and nearly a fiver for the large one.
This would not do! So i begun scanning the other mayonnaise products and found
sofn'free hair mayonnaise. It has hydrolised Keratin and collagen so i was delighted. Yay for me!!!!

Well i used it. I didn't follow the instructions though (oh no!). I actually slept with it overnight (!) I didn't mean to, but i got to yakking on the phone and in no time at all i was asleep.

Well. I washed it our and i didn't see any immediate difference, but a day or two later my breakage has slowed down.
I am giving it 2 thumbs up! I still need to work on my protein/moisture balance but y'know baby steps. So in a quick summary

Pros
Cheap- £1.89
Texture- lovely and Thick! I love thick conditioners
Some good ingredients- Keratin, Collagen, Lactic acid and egg oil???( does anyone know what that is. How exactly is oil extracted from an egg- i can hear the shrill cries of an egg ringing in my ear)

Cons
Smells slightly like a cheap men's cologne (Eau du Sleaze)
If you are ingredient aware has some baddies- sulfates, mineral oil, comes etc
(full ingredients list below)
Availability- i've never seen this before. Then again I've never used a mayonnaise before. Plus i can't see it on the company's website

Will i use it again. Yes!
Ingredients:Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl alcohol, Stearic acid, Hydrolized Keratin, Dicetyldimonium chloride, polyquaternium-32, Mineral oil, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Glycerine, Safflower seed oil, Hydrolized collagen, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Oilive oil, PPG-12-PEG-50 Lanolin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Panthenol, Cholesterol, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Butylene glycol, Nettle extract, Lactic acid, Parsley extract, Egg oil (???), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (boo!hiss!boo), Sodium hydroxide(faints), Fragrance, DMDM( i don't even want to know), Hydatonin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl,Methylpropional, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Yellow 5(CI 19140), Acid Red14(ci 14720), Brilliant Black(cool name)(CI28440) PHEW!

BTW:I have natural hair

Comapny websites
http://www.sofnfree.co.uk/
http://www.mmcosmetics.com/sof_n_free.html

No comments:

Post a Comment