Tuesday 26 July 2011

Smooth 'N Shine Therapy Silk fusion sixty second critical repair review

Oh wow that name is long.

Anyway its been ages! Where have I been??? Worst blogger ever.

Anyway friends, romans, countrymen lend me your ears.  I come bearing the gift of  conditioner.

Now if you head over to the natural haven ( cry's tears of joy for how good the blog is), look at the post on coconut oil.

http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/04/coconut-oil-knowledge-from-our.html

1. Coconut oil penetrates into the cortex (Journal of Cosmetic Science pg 169-184,2001).Why should you care? This oil can help condition, moisturise and strengthen your hair!

2. Coconut oil reduces damage to hair cuticle during combing especially wet combing that many naturals (not me) are fond of (Journal of Cosmetic Science pg 327-339,1999).

3. Coconut oil reduces swelling of the hair shaft when the hair is immersed into water, protecting the hair from hygral fatigue. (Journal of Cosmetic Science pg 169-184,2001)

Say what now?????

So since then I've been trying to use coconut oil in my hair prior to washing. The trouble with me is that i am a messy person. The oil gets everywhere running down my neck, just everywhere. Again my hair is very dry so when i add oil onto already dry hair it just feels horrid.

So I've been incorporating conditioners with coconut oil in them.  I have found one i love.  Coconut oil is the second ingredient. Yay!  Also no silicone's.  This can be used as a regular conditioner or a deep conditioner since its so thick. The instructions say to leave on for 1 minutes but i do usually leave it on for longer.

It makes my hair feel so soft. I am a sulfate shampoo lover ( boo!hiss!) so obviously my hair feels drier after washing and this just restores softness totally. It's thick it smells nice and makes my hair more manageable.

There is one slight very slight downside. Glitter. No not the Opus of Mariah Carey's career, but glitter particles. I don't know if those who formulated the product were 10 year olds high on sherbet dip after a frenzy at claire's  accessories  or Kesha, but this deep conditioner for some bizarre reason contains little pieces of Glitter.

The good news is they do wash out totally. ( well i found one staring back out at me when i looked in the mirror)

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyquaternium-32, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Pearl Powder, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Biotin, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 15985 (Yellow 6).

So it contains no silicone's, but it does have mineral oil.

What they say:

Indulge your hair with silk proteins and pearl extracts that will condition, reconstruct and transform damaged hair into manageable, healthy and lustrous tresses. The luxury of silk and pearl extracts will leave hair glistening with luminosity, just like perfect pearls.

This conditioning treatment will moisturize, repair, and protect damaged hair. This formula is light enough to use daily and moisturizing enough to use as a weekly treatment.

Purchased for £3.99 for 12m.

Also comes in sachets.

No comments:

Post a Comment